The most significant change is clearly stating which clauses in the Policy apply to an individual, depending on what type of user they are.
There are two types of users:
Workers: These are the people who primarily use the SignOnSite app to perform their site safety duties, such as attendance, inductions, and briefings.
Customers: These are the companies and their employees/representatives who implement and administer the use of SignOnSite.
A Customer could also be a Worker if they are required to go on-site and perform their site safety duties.
Information about Worker users
For users who are Workers it is important to remember that:
The SignOnSite apps are free to download;
SignOnSite will not collect any credit card or payment information;
The SignOnSite apps do not facilitate financial transactions; and
The SignOnSite apps do not request permission to access payment information stored on your phone or from digital payment services such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay
When a Worker searches for a site in the app, signs on to it, and/or completes an induction form, that behavior constitutes consent to the sharing of information from the Worker user to the Customer user who manages that particular site. SignOnSite collects information from Worker users, depending on their use of the app, which may include:
- Your name, address, contact details, and date of birth;
- Any photos that you upload;
- Your device ID, device type and information, geolocation information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and standard web log information;
- Site locations you attend and the times you are there;
- Details of licenses relating to construction, such as White cards, Site Safe cards, and Permits to Work;
- Employment details and qualifications;
- Certificate of Currency details, such as certificates and licenses for insurance and high-risk work; and
- Information contained in any communications between you and SignOnSite.
SignOnSite can only use this information to do certain things, as outlined in section 4 of the Policy.
Changes that are relevant to Customer users
The type of information collected by Customer users will vary with the role of the user and their relationship with SignOnSite. For example, if you are a Customer user who is procuring SignOnSite for their organization, we may collect billing information (which may include credit card information).
Changes that are relevant to all users
There are more options available to opt-out of being contacted for Direct Marketing. They include filling in the form here (https://signonsite.com.au/marketing-opt-out/), contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the unsubscribe facility included in each direct marketing communication we send.