Note: both Site Managers and Company Administrators can create and set Site Induction Forms.
Note 2: Ensure the inductions are set to enabled. This is done by going onto site settings in the web panel and clicking enable inductions
With a Site Induction active on your site, you have a new level of visibility over your site's compliance. You can see who's on site, which people still need to complete an induction, and keep all your paperwork safe and accessible in the cloud.
- Navigate to the site you want to set your induction for through the Manager's Panel. You can do this by searching for your site on the dashboard.
2. Navigate to the Inductions tab of your site.
3. Click the "Induction Forms" button on the left.
Note: If your window doesn't have this button then your company may not have inductions enabled. Talk to your Company Admin, or drop us an email yourself to get it enabled.
4. This popup will appear.
The Current section is the Induction Form that's currently active for users on your site (if you or someone else has already set a form). Once a form is active, you won't be able to change it .
To make a modified version, click the copy button, edit the copy, and then set it as active when you're done.
The Drafts section is where incomplete forms will appear. If you copy a form, or create a new form, it will sit here until it has been activated. You can set these forms as active, view them, edit them, or delete them using the icons under the Actions column.
The History section is where your old active forms are stored. This lets you see the history of the Induction forms you've had on site. You can restore an old version as the active form, view the old form, or delete it.
To start a new induction form, click "New Induction Form".
5. Once you click "New Induction Form" this box will appear. If you're starting from scratch, then select the top option and click "Create New Form".
It's worth checking if your Company Administrators have given you a template to work with - if so, choose "Create from a Company Template".
Lastly, if you already have existing site forms you'd like to modify then choose "Create from an existing Site Form".
6. You'll be taken to the form wizard. Create your form as you'd like.
Here are a few handy tips:
- The "Add" button in each section is to add in more information, not to save what you have just entered. If you hit this by accident you can remove it by clicking the red "Remove" button.
- The project information fields will be automatically filled out on each site (taken from the information you first inputted when creating the site)
- Most basic worker information can be added using the "Worker Personal Details" section
- You are able to ask if workers are an apprentice by ticking the "Apprentice Status" box
- Your workers can electronically sign their induction by ticking the "Electronic Signature" box
- You are able to ask for a workers indigenous status by ticking the "Indigenous Status" box (please note this is available for Australian companies only)
- Upload documents or images you want your users to see in the "Include Images for Workers to Review". You can upload as many documents and images as you need, however the file size is limited to 5mb each
- Use the Worker Acknowledgements section for items and rules you want your users to individually acknowledge
- Licenses and competencies can be added by ticking "Would you like to collect your worker's licences and competencies?"
If you can't find a license in the list, you can either create your own license using the 'Create custom credential' at the bottom of the list or, tick "Allow workers to upload additional credentials". This leaves it open to the worker to add any cards they may have.
- Use the multiple choice Quiz Builder to test your worker's knowledge of their responsibilities and the rules of the site.
7. Hit SUBMIT to finish creating your form!
Note: If a section has been ticked but there is no information supplied, the system will not allow the form to be submitted. Go back and make sure you've filled in all the fields you want to use or remove the unwanted sections.
8. Your induction form has been built - Congratulations!
Now you can activate it and get it out the mobile phone app.
You'll return to the Inductions screen. Click Induction Forms again, and you will see the form in the Drafts box.
To the right of the box, there is an Actions column.
The TICK will allow you to activate it and set it as your current site form
The EYE is to view the document
The DOUBLE PAGES are to make a copy of this form
The RUBBISH BIN is to delete the form completely
Once you've clicked the tick, you'll be presented with two options:
"Activate Form" or "Activate and Reinduct All Workers"
Note: Reinducting workers will send all workers previously inducted back to the 'Not Inducted Workers' box.
Click the relevant button.
9. Hooray - your site now has a Site Induction!
Workers will now be asked to complete this induction form the next time they sign on to this site (if they haven't already).
To learn how to review and accept inductions, then read this article.
To learn how workers fill out induction forms, then read this article.